All the benefits of induction hobs: that's why it's worth it!
16 May 2018
Are you wondering about the benefits of induction hobs? This type of cooking is based on a different physical principle compared to that which characterizes the gas or electric resistive plates. The induction hobs exploit the principle of electromagnetic induction to directly heat the pots used for cooking food.
Here, some reasons to choose an induction cooktop:
1) Induction hobs are intrinsically safer, thanks to the absence of flames and the risks associated with them. Furthermore, there are no risks related to gas leaks.
2) Compared to gas hobs, induction hobs are completely electric. They therefore exploit a form of energy that can be produced using renewable technologies, reducing the environmental impact.
3) Cooking is faster. This is because an induction hob generates heat directly in the pot. The electric system present in the hob creates a variable magnetic field which induces parasitic currents in the bottom of the pot, which overheats due to the Joule effect.
4) Induction cooking is more efficient than gas and electric resistive cooking. In the gas hobs the flame disperses a lot of heat around the pot. Similarly, an electrical resistance emits radiant heat in all directions, dispersing energy and reducing system efficiency. On the other hand, when heat is generated directly in the pot, as with induction, heat loss is minimized. This technology allows to achieve cooking efficiencies in the order of 90%.
5) No part of the induction hob is heated directly: this reduces the risk of burns. In addition, the cooking zones have automatic pan recognition sensors, which are activated only in the presence of pots with a magnetic base and are deactivated as soon as they are removed.
6) Induction cooktops are equipped with many features, such as setting cooking timer. Induction allows very precise control of the power.
7) The perfectly smooth surface that characterizes the glass ceramic in induction hobs ensures an easy cleaning.
8) Induction hobs have become real design objects, able to enrich the decor of every kitchen.
Discover all our induction plans!